Skip to content
- Every day – for 12 days – participants will photograph an object / create a scene which they feel relates to a Christmas heading / captiion / song etc.
- These should be provided in advance (with dates) and participants should concentrate on one ‘caption / quote’ for each day.
- These can be mixed up amongst a class group / more than one participant can work on the daily ‘caption’ at one time.
- Participants should independently research the work of Lee Friedlander – Merry Christmas from Lee Friedlander (2011) at the Janet Borden Gallery, NYC.
- Upload daily to Instagram / Twitter / social media platform
some Example Christmas captions to work from:
- All I Want for Christmas
- Tis the Season to be Jolly
- Silent Night
- We Three Kings of Orient are
- Down in Yon Forest
- The Friendly Beasts
- Good King Wenceslas
- The Holly and the Ivy
- i Wonder as i Wander
- O’ Holy Night
- Rockin Robin
- O’ Christmas Tree
suggested output: daily (clASS) Instagram / book / zine
Additional activity ideas:
- Run a Christmas Treasure Hunt: Find and photograph a ‘present’ every day for 12 days. Who is it for?
- Pinhole Christmas: Make a Pinhole Camera: Expose the scene for 12 days
THESE Sessions could be adapted from: