Now that I have a fairly coherent product definition, it is appropriate to research all of the components of my design and try to answer a few questions.
To recap on the top level success criteria from my previous post:
- It utilizes technology to facilitate and enhance the game (particularly with regards to forcing and end-game state and to track and offer breadcrumbs to players)
- It is played outdoors
- It is a multi-player game and requires some social contact/connection
- It has measurable health benefits
- It utilizes at least one application of augmented reality to provide information/feedback to the player
- It will utilize GPS tracking to facilitate the game state and catch up mechanics
- I’d like to try and implement social media sharing on platforms such as Instagram or TikTok within the game, to bring enhanced relevance of the product to young people
This brings to mind the following:
- Why is this a compelling product? What has prompted it’s design and what justification can be offered for the design?
- In what ways will my product be original? i.e. what other similar products are available in the market?
- In what ways will the product be relevant to the audience?
- In what ways will the product offer unique selling points?
- How does academic research either challenge or support my assumptions?